This week I started one of the more challenging of all the knitting projects I have undertaken. At Purls the Yarn Studio (the yarn shop where I work part-time) we're working on putting together a collection of knitted Christmas items to display in September to give our customers ideas of items they can start and hopefully have completed by the time December comes around. My contribution? An Aran Christmas Tree Skirt. This pattern comes from a beautiful book that any knitter would appreciate called Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick.
I decided it was about time that I show you some of my knitting, so I'm going to give you a peek at my Christmas Tree Skirt in progress:
Thanks for humoring me and letting me share my project with you. I think that after displaying my very feeble attempt at spinning, I felt the need to show you something I actually can do!

7 comments:
Wow, that's gorgeous! Of course I didn't need any convincing that your first attempt at spinning was no reflection on your knitting skills. I hope that tree skirt will be yours to keep after it goes off display at the shop. You realize that posting the pictures on your blog will make all your family and friends want one too? Of course it would never touch the floor at my house, where Zoe the chewing machine might encounter it.
Love,
Mom
That is going to be beautiful but it looks VERY commplicated. You have truly mastered the art of knitting. As for your spinning skill, well, that may develop yet. However, with your knitting talent why worry about spinning.
Erika, Judy sent me your site. I'm sure she wanted to share your gift of writing and talent of knitting with me. Needless to say, she was probably pleased as punch that you mentioned Dan and her, let alone included a photo. You are certainly correct that they are very generous, sharing and caring people. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your passions and blessing with others. God Bless, Kathy Frank, Judy's 12 cup friend.
Arthur C. Clarke said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Your knitting skill appears pretty magical to me! I'm very impressed, and I look forward to oohing and ahhing over any other pieces you share here.
And do AMAZINGLY WELL! You are awesome! I know just enough about knitting to know how truly gorgeous that is and how insane it would be to knit. You go girl!
AWESOME!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!
Wow!! My son was smart enough to marry a really talented woman!!!
Keep up the good work, Erika. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Love you,
Judy
That is beautiful! It looks difficult but amazing. I won't post my knitting project, a little scarf ;P But I am practicing and that's how we all started! :)
Post a Comment