Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Annual Girls' Getaway

Lasting frienships are difficult to find in our culture... especially when friends move away from each other. Tara and Kimberly are two such friends in my life. I don't know how to write about this and not come across as sappy, so forgive me if any sap lands on you as you read this! We met in college and through our common relationship with Christ we bonded instantly. The most valued aspect of this friendship is the times we've spent in prayer together. When we've prayed for one another we have been moved to tears on one another's behalf. This is the type of friendship that I have realized many people only ever hope to find. Well, one by one we each graduated, met wonderful men, got married and all of a sudden we were living in three different states!

Over the last three years, the three of us girls have been blessed enough to have an annual trip together. Our husbands just let us scamper off and they entertain themselves at home. (Thanks, Guys!) And it never really matters much where we go... as long as we can get together. This year we met in Indianapolis. And it was a particularly special trip this time around because we had an addition to our group! Kimberly's 6 month-old baby, Lily!

Here is a picture of the four of us at our favorite downtown Indianapolis discovery: Teapots and Treasures, a Christian owned Tea-themed gift and antique shop! Their loose-leaf tea blends are to die for! My favorite was their "Treasures Tea" blend.

Baby Lily is, of course, the recipient of my most recently knitted baby sweater. She was willing to model it for me during the weekend. In these pictures we had just finished lunch: yummy pizza and calzones. ALMOST as good as our favorite college pizza joint, "One Guy From Italy Pizza".

Below are some lyrics from my favorite "friends" song, "More Than You'll Ever Know" by Watermark.

"Something brought you to my mind today.
I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh.
And yet I feel like it's ok to cry with you.
Something about just being with you...
When I leave I feel like I've been near God and that's the way it ought to be.
Cause you've been more than a friend to me. You fight off my enemies.
For you have spoken the truth over my life.
And you'll never know what it means to me just to know you've been on your knees for me.
Oh, you have blessed my lifemore than you'll ever know."

5 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I happen to love that Watermark song as well. :)

Annalisa said...

What a lovely group of ladies!

Mama Gail said...

It's so great to see pictures of the three of you girls together again (plus one - Lily is beautiful & even more so in her sweater)

Kimberly said...

Love that song, my friend. Some sap landed on me but it just made me cry. Love you!

Kelly said...

Sap is dripping off of me in the form of tears; I love it! I know that depth; praise be to our Savior who creates those bonds for eternity.