While I was gone last weekend on my trip with the girls, it dawned on me on my way out of town that he had said something about his dad coming to stay with him while I was gone. There's really only one reason why my father-in-law ever comes to town without my mother-in-law, and that is to help Darin or his siblings with a home-improvement project.
Darin would have to agree with me when I say that his love for remodeling our house was birthed from memories he has of his father doing numerous home-improvements and home-repairs while he was growing up. Visit Dan's garage and you'll discover a treasure-trove of tools and gadgets. And the only thing he may enjoy more than showing you the tools in his garage is to explain to you the uses of the tools in his garage. It's really rather impossible to shop for Darin, his brother and his dad because what makes them more happy than anything in the world is to get new tools! And I find it about as easy to pick out a new tool for Darin as he would find picking out knitting supplies for me.
Well, I was standing in a chocolate shop in downtown Indianapolis when I spoke with Darin on the phone last weekend and I casually said, "Hey Honey, I just realized that your dad came to work on projects with you and I don't even know what projects you're working on right now!"
"I know!" was his response, and I could hear the twinkle in his eye.
So "what?" you may ask is the result of the efforts of Darin, Dan and their tools while I was gone? Instant fall fun for the backyard:
Bird houses:
And a tire swing!!
Thanks, Honey! I love you! (And thank you to Dan, of course!)

3 comments:
What a charming backyard :)
Hope you have some nice fall weather to enjoy it. I look forward to hearing how the camping went!
LOVE IT! You go, Darin. We have to get back there soon and swing on that tire swing. I'm on it in October.
Your back yard really would qualify for Better Homes and Garden magazine. It is lovely. Glad Dan could be of help. He and Darin make quite a pair working on their projects. It warms a mother's heart!
Post a Comment