Saturday, December 29, 2007

Our Iowa Christmas and Reunion with Minnie!



It's nice to be back in Iowa! Tonight we had all of Darin's family over for one last Christmas 2007 celebration! We had a good time munching on pizza and cookies and exchanging gifts. Seeing Darin's family also meant reuniting with Minnie who stayed with his folks during our entire 10-day trip. They pulled up to our driveway today and when Minnie came bounding out of the car to greet me she was looking particularly festive. This is what she was wearing:

And I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that I then gave her a Christmas present... a sweater I knitted for her:

It's nice to unwind now at the end of most of the holiday excitement! I think it's a nice night to slip into the cozy pajamas Dan and Judy gave me along with the "lambie" slippers his siblings gave me and curl up with my husband, puppy and watch one the the Audrey Hepburn DVDs my parents gave me and enjoy a quiet evening (that is if Darin is agreeable to watching an Audrey Hepburn movie!).

I hope you have a chance to unwind as well and enjoy this time! It's hard to appreciate all the generous gifts from our families and friends and not be reminded of the gift the Lord Jesus gave by coming to our world in human form to save and redeem us! I hope you get the opportunity for some quiet moments to enjoy Him at during this time as well!

5 comments:

Mama Gail said...

Minnie looks adorable in her new sweater! I'm sure she was royally spoiled by Dan & Judy while you were gone!

Unknown said...

Do you think Minnie misses us?? She was a very good little puppy at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Your home was so lovely and we had such a good time celebrating Christmas with you.

Love,
Judy

Margo said...

I love the sweater! I just said to Dan the other day that I could knit Nala a sweater, since they don't make doggie sweaters big enough for her!

Rachel said...

Erika, that dog sweater is amazing! I'm glad that you had a good time over the holidays, but I'm glad you're back here in Des Moines. :)

lfhcreative said...

I am so glad to find you have a blog! I have often wondered what you have been doing since your beautiful wedding 4 (!!!!) years ago. I wish you lived closer, I have really been thinking about learning to knit!