Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lucy Kiera

Darin and I are so pleased to announce that we have become Mommy and Daddy! Lucy Kiera was born on Thursday, February 28th at 3:16 AM and joyfully adopted into our family! I had the privilege of being present with her birthmother in the delivery room and I even cut the umblical cord! She weighed 6 lbs and 12 oz and measured 20 inches at birth.

Lucy has been home with us since saturday and has been doing well! She loves to sleep ALL day and stay awake ALL night! : ) Parenthood, here we come!

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement as we have been going through this adoption process. It was gone beautifully so far! Here's just a sampling of our favorite pictures for you to enjoy:

Lucy Kiera just minutes after birth:

Mommy and Daddy get a lesson in bathing Lucy:

In her "Coming Home" sweater I knitted for her:

Hanging out with Mama Gail and Minnie:

7 comments:

Annalisa said...

Ha, sounds like Lucy's a regular little night owl. She is absolutely beautiful and we are thrilled for you and Darin.

lfhcreative said...

Yay! I am so glad she is here and healthy and HOME. Congrats! She is precious!

Katie said...

She is beautiful!

The Linsers said...

She is so beautiful! I am very happy for you both!!!

Linda

Margo said...

That sweater is so adorable! Babito A. will need one... ;)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! You must be so excited. She really is beautiful. You two will make such great parents!

Unknown said...

Erika, I'm so glad everything worked out. Lucy is just beautiful!!! I love your little onesies, too...bookmarked the book on Amazon. ;) Keep in touch!