I came home with Lucy in a minor panic. I still hadn't recovered from the last shower and the flow of gifts that have arrived on our door step since she came has been overwhelming! Lucy's nursery has just become a catch-all for the many items and I just haven't found the time yet to go through and bring a little organization to it all! But this afternoon and evening the need became urgent and I tackled the project. It will actually last well into this week I'm afraid.
Clearly my loved ones have been having a little too much fun shopping and I'm afraid some may have had to add an entire"Lucy Category" to their budgets. I thought I'd illustrate my point for you:
Or blankets:
Or stuffed animals:
Lucy kept me company while I worked:
She and I have decided that her room is SO much fun that it is deserving of a fun NAME! Please vote in my poll on the left side column to help us decide on the best name for the room!
Oh, and in a totally unrelated matter, I must share with you that my wonderful husband Darin is beginning a new job on Monday! We are both very excited about this position-he is going back to a company he worked for a few years back (EFCO)-as their new "Training and Development Manager". Please join me in prayer for him as he begins a new phase of his career!
Well, so long for now. I must admit I am finding it difficult to keep up with my blog in the way I'd like to. I'm finding that I'd just rather sit and hold my sweet girl when I have spare time! But I'll be trying to keep The Knitting Hummel as current as possible!

7 comments:
That baby girl is growing like a weed - a very pretty flower-type weed of course! I hope she'll get to wear each of her outfits at least once!
The best advice I got on the shower loot was this: Keep what you LOVE, and return duplicates, extras, and things you won't use. Then you will have gift cards to use to buy new outfits and gear as she gets older :)
I still have many, many outfits with the tags on them hanging up that we completely missed wearing! Oops!
I have a feeling that a lot of this post was directed at me...
I'll take the hint. Although, she does look pretty cute in that bib. :)
She is such a doll. Can't believe she's over a month old already!
O.K., I'm trying not to panic; Lucy looks so big already compared to when I saw her. O, and we have a constant "Lucy-pile" going over here - sorry, your sister has THREE GIRLS, we can't help it.
Erika - thanks for posting! I know you must be so busy. Lucy looks so beautiful! :)
I'm playing catch-up because I new to this...but how much fun is that!! So happy for you. She's the cutest!
Post a Comment