I apologize it's been awhile since my last post. There've been a lot of things on my plate, but we have gotten to do many fun things to celebrate the beautiful weather. So I thought I'd share some highlights of the month of May so far:
There's a charming little Dutch town about an hour from here called Pella and every Spring they hold their annual Tulip Festival! I've never gone, but have wanted to since I moved here so this time I made it a priority. Lucy and I were accompanied by my dear friends, Ashley and Shannon and headed for Pella on May 3rd! It was a little windy but so fun! (It was especially fun parking off site and riding the school bus provided as a shuttle with Lucy's stroller in tow!) Here's some pictures from the fun day:

About a week and a half ago, I got a call from Darin, inviting Lucy and I to come to his office for lunch and a walk around the beautiful grounds to see the flowering trees and two sets of brand new goslings! We had a great mid-day visit with Darin and made some fun memories together:
Planting the "Lucy Tree"
For our first Mother and Father's Days, Darin and I decided to combine our gift into one: a Redbud Tree to plant in our backyard that will commemorate the year that Lucy joined our family. We had fun planting the tree together. Well, actually, Darin did all the work, I just hopped in and posed for a picture. Lucy and I mainly watched and enjoyed the nice weather. Minnie helped... sort of.
Minnie "helping":
Darin and I place the tree in the ground:
Here's Lucy watching and being cute:
Hope you're spring is as beautiful as ours has been! Tomorrow we're heading down to Texas to visit my family! We'll be gone for three weeks, so it may be awhile before you hear from me again. (I'm sure I'll have plenty of things to post after introducing Lucy to my homestate and my extended family!)




2 comments:
Come on down! We're waiting for you! I hope there will be some spring left in Iowa when you return, because you're leaving spring and heading right into summer!
I am really starting to miss you Erika! You need to come back to Iowa. :)
Post a Comment