A few minutes ago, I placed a blow-dryer in the dishwasher after using it to melt clumps of snow off the dog. I then promptly put the wooden spoon I'd just cooked with in the garbage can. It's embarassing to think of how many times I've put leftovers in the cupboard and clean dishes in the refrigerator.
So tell me: what have been some of your most memorable "absentminded moments"?
I need some company.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh, we all have our moments. I was mixing up something to bake back in Corpus last year. In a single swift, efficient motion, I cracked open an egg, dropped the contents down the garbage disposal, and threw the shell in my batter. Good job, Annalisa, that'll be super-tasty.
Well, let's see, just this morning your old mom was straining chicken broth. I had my pan positioned to start pouring hot broth into the colander & just in the nick of time realized there was nothing between the colander & the kithcen counter! And of course your dad & I regularly brew coffee directly onto the kitchen counter, but you knew that.
I have also cracked an egg in the garbage disposal! I have thrown empty baby bottles in the garbage can, and tried to put the milk in the pantry. Just to name a few :)
HILARIOUS... Hey, are we related?! I beat Mom, because in the midst of having lots of company over at our house in Kansas, I strained a whole can of black beans right over the middle of my kitchen floor. Trying to multi-task, I'm sure.
What wonderful news! Lucy is expecting a sibling! Please tell Lucy I have her adoption and Christmas pictures on my fridge and think of her (you all)often. I have spread the glad tidings of Luci to those that remember Ms. Erica at Melonie Park. And hello to Daddy Darin.
Erika- welcome to the club. Some of us are more decorated than beginners like yourself and I know with practice you will improve.
Hmmm...I have worn two different shoes to work and a dress inside out. Probably the most embarrassing was about five years ago when rushing to a friend's mother-in-law's funeral - it was only when I got back in the car and glanced at myself that I realized I had a blue roller still installed on the top of my head! And yes I had no friends at that funeral - no one mentioned it!
I found that absentmindedness tends to increase when pregnant. During my first trimester I went an entire day wearing two different shoes, attended church in my animal-print house slippers, and doubled the sugar in a recipe I was cutting in half.
Post a Comment