Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Overdue

Again, there has been a long absence between this and my last post. There are a few reasons for this:
  • During the day most of the time lately, Darin is needing the computer to concentrate on his job search efforts. The job hunt is seeming just a little more important than the need to keep my blog updated! : ) I'm so proud of my hubby and all the hardwork he is putting into the search. He's been making contacts with lots of local colleagues and today he even had phone interview with a great company for postion that we are quite interested in.
  • Lucy seems to have "blossomed" in the last few weeks and has become a mobile, inquisitve little explorer of all nooks and crannies in our house. It just isn't that feasable to sit down in front of the computer for even small chunks of time, as my active girl needs her mamma's watchful eye and arms to keep her from electrical outlets, doggie food and stairways. It is so fun to observe her learning and discovering her little corner of the world!
  • My pregnancy is continuing to be healthy and smooth, however I am just entering my third trimester, and my energy is becoming more limited. I'm feeling the need to "take advantage" of Lucy's naptimes lately by getting some housework done, taking the time to sit and work on a knitting or sewing project for Baby Boy, or allowing myself the luxury of a nap of my own.

So please pardon the absence! I thought I'd catch you up today with a few pictures. Enjoy!

Here are a few of Lucy's new favorite hobbies:

Helping Mommy sort through newborn clothes in preparation for her baby brother's arrival:


Crawling over to various drawers, pulling herself up and dropping pacifiers and toys into them:




Giggling with and talking to her reflection in the oven door:




Helping Mommy do the dishes:




She continues to be such a cheerful little girl and Darin and I just enjoy her more and more all the time. What a sweet blessing she is!

Here are a few pictures from Easter:

Looking pretty in her Easter dress:


A special moment with Daddy:


A giggle with cousin Savannah:



The four of us:



Lucy's first "Easter Egg Hunt":

1 comment:

Mama Gail said...

I sure miss that busy little pretty little girl and love the pictures. By the way, now that you're in your third trimester you need to be careful how you title your posts - "overdue" has a specific conotation now!