Saturday, January 23, 2010

Back in the (Creative) Saddle Again

Shortly after having Collin, while I was in the midst of feeling VERY overwhelmed, hormonal and weepy, I had moments of feeling as if I didn't know myself anymore. And while my hobbies and interests don't define me (the forgiveness of my sins through Christ does), the fact that in my low moments I couldn't envision myself ever pulling out my knitting needles, sewing machine or ever hosting a fun party again scared me a little bit.

The fact that I've regained interest in these hobbies as well as gathered the energy to do them again, is significant to me. So I thought I share with you some photos of recent crafting and party hosting endeavors... : )

Baby shower given for my dear friend who is expecting her first child in March! (the first picture is rather dark and not very good).


A tutu for Lucy- just for fun!


Texas Tech themed bib and crinkle patch for Collin (pattern for the bib found in the book One Yard Wonders by Rabecca Yaker and PAtricia Hoskins, "Crinkle Patch" was my idea.



Fun new purse for me (pattern also from One Yard Wonders)


Too-small sweater for Collin : ) Pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson



Too-big pinafore for Lucy, pattern ALSO from One-Yard Wonders



The sweet babes together in their made-by-mommy garb


Thanks for letting me share what I've been doing during Lucy and Collin's naps during these cold midwest months! It's been a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Annalisa said...

I have an impressively craft-savvy cousin. :-)

Kimberly said...

Good stuff, Erika. I too am feeling refreshed to be doing hobbies again - I'm going to have to get that one-yard wonders book. Praise God that crazy hormones and debilitating exhaustion don't last forever!

Ashley Nicole said...

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your hobbies again! It's amazing how the new mommy hormones mess a person up. I feel like I am just beginning to get back on my own feet after Jeshuah's birth. I scrapbooked a little last night and enjoyed it--yay!

Unknown said...

All these pictures of those sweeties is making me miss them. I'm having withdrawal symptoms!!
I think it's time those angels came to see Grammy, or Grammy is going to have to come see them!!
Love you all!!