My cell phone is missing. And after making several phone calls and looking into the situation, it is looking pretty likely that it has been kidnapped. As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I was rather emotionally attached to that phone. I had only had it a little over a week. It was pretty much the only item among my earthly possessions that made me feel sort of "hip". It was one of those ultra-slim phones, it was pink (a nice bonus) and because of my long-time use with my particular wireless phone company I was even able to get a free "blue tooth" ear piece to go with it. I was really getting rather puffed up with all of this technology.
Aaaand, it all came to a screeching halt this afternoon. My phone is currently deactivated and reported as stolen. As a result anyone who may try to call (until I reactivate my old phone) will be greeted with a message that could easily leave the impression that the phone is shut off because of a lack of payment.
Well, enough of all that. I think it is high time that my sob story comes to a screeching halt. It is, as I said earlier, an EARTHly possesion, and not worth any more of my energy! I'm just thankful that I'm even able to have conveniences such as cell phones, computers, air conditioning, and the list goes on.
There are far better gifts among my possesions... mainly the gifts of relationships with people like you and more than anything my relationship with the One who hears and answers my prayers: the Lord Jesus. I don't need a cell phone to get in touch with Him!
By the way, Mom, thanks for the magnet!

3 comments:
You're welcome! Gosh, how long ago was that? As much as I appreciate the wisdom of your post, I'm feeling kind of sad about your phone, myself. As you know, I have the same model pink phone, and I would be very sad if it were kidnapped, because it's new and I'm quite fond of it. Have you received a ransom request?
Hey Erika, Jenna recently had her camera stolen, so she's had to post with no pictures for quite awhile. Earthly possessions, yes; but a bummer all the same. And I was all bent out of shape over my hairdryer breaking... O, I got a new one; I think I'm getting rather attached to it. Mom, I need one of those magnets!
I am sorry to hear that your cell phone was kidnapped. However, much better your cell phone than you.
Post a Comment