Anyways, the story starts when I pulled through a Starbucks drive-thru with Lucy in tow in between some errands. It was a gorgeous spring day (yep, spring has finally sprung here in Des Moines... I have blooming daffodils in the front yard to prove it!) and I happily started weighing the options: cinamon dolce frappuccino? shaken iced tea? Needing a caffeine boost, I settled on an iced caramel macchiato. I cheerfully ordered and happily envisioned myself sipping my drink while pushing my beautiful baby in her stroller on our next stop! The perfect way to enjoy a spring day right?
So I thought. I pulled up to the window to pay. Much to my dismay, my wallet was no where to be found in the dissheveled mess that is my diaper bag.
The nice gal at the window said, "Keep looking while I start your drink!"
"You probably shouldn't start my drink!" I said and could feel my cheeks growing pink with embarrassment.
"I'll just give it to you if you can't find it!" she said.
Wow, how nice was that! Determined to drink an honest caramel macchiato, I fished out three crumppled up dollars from one the the pockets in the bag. I came out 18 cents short.
"I'll trade you" she says, and place the tastey icey drink in my hands.
"I think I'm going to blog about you!" I blurted out and had just enough time to give her my blog address before driving off.
So if you're reading this my caramel macchiato fairy-friend, thanks again for being willing to give me a drink on the house and for spotting me the 18 cents! Your kindness isn't forgotten! : )
On a different note, I must report that I have been able to start knitting again since I've become a mommy! After completing a super-cute cupcake hat for Lucy, I've turned my attention and needles to some much more necessary items: bibs!
Lucy does so much spitting up that bibs have become part of her every-day, all-day apparel. I've discovered that hand-knitted bibs are far more absorbant than anything I can buy. And there are really a lot of cute patterns out there.
My favorite? The Petal Bib from the book, One Skein by Leigh Radford. Lucy looks kind of like a sunflower when she wears it:
And before I leave you, in the spirit of celebrating spring, behold the daffodils:
To quote my sister, they make me "do the dance of joy."

2 comments:
Every picture I see of Lucy is cuter than the one before - I can't wait to get my hands on that baby girl next month! And please tell me you found your wallet in the end!
I want to see this cupcake hat! :) I can't believe how fast Lucy is growing and she is just so sweet.
Post a Comment