I've appreciated the phone calls and e-mails that many of you have made to make sure that we and Darin's parents in the Cedar Rapids area are okay! We're very thankful to say that we are all safe and dry. The only inconvenience that Darin, Lucy and I have experienced is just a little water in our basement. Darin's parents have some friends who have had to evacuate but they are fine. They are having to abide by some pretty strict water restrictions (they can only use water in their house for drinking) but they were in town this weekend and got some laundry, dishes and showering done here!
On a different and much lighter note, I'm happy to report that we had a FABULOUS time in Texas! Darin's business had him in Seattle and Vancouver for the first week, so Lucy and I made our way by van to Texas accompained by my sister and her family! Darin joined us in San Antonio on Memorial Day where the three of us stayed for a week. Then we headed to Dallas where Darin had more work to do. Lucy and I enjoyed spending time with some good friends there while Darin was busy! It was such a refreshing time away! Lucy did great with traveling in the car. We're so spoiled to have such a laid back and happy-go-lucky baby!
Now that we're home, we're just trying to get settled back in (still) and trying to find our routine again. It's been fun catching up with our good friends here and getting updated on everything that's gone on while we were gone!
I'll leave you with a few fun pictures from Texas!
Lucy finally met Uncle Paul:
All the girls together on a Sunday afternoon:
Lucy became a San Antonio Spurs fan:

4 comments:
Awww! I love the pictures, because I love your family!! :)
We sure miss y'all and are glad you've "weathered" the floods ok since you got back. Hope life will soon be back to normal for Dan & Judy. Lucy is the cutest Spurs fan ever! That picture is enough to cheer me up after their depressing loss to the Lakers!
This sounds so cliche but um...my dog ate the piece of paper that you left all your info on. Um...can I get it again? Do you mind e-mailing it to me? Sorry 'bout that.
We'd been wondering how you were fairing since we heard about floods on KLOVE. Great to have an update and glad all of you are doing well.
Awe! Lucy is so cute! I'm glad you guys are back in Iowa. We need to hang out since I'm back from Minnesota.
Post a Comment