I've been feeling a little bad about the fact that my sister-in-law and parents-in-law have way more toys for Lucy to play with at their houses than we have at our's. I can just hear an articulate Lucy a few years from now saying, "Mommy, can we please go to Aunt Dawn's? Her house is more fun than our's!"
I actually don't want to flood our house with toys, I'm too afraid that an excess of play things will end up stunting Lucy's imagination and creativity. But one toy that I've been wanting Lucy to have for awhile now is an exersaucer. It's a stationary "walker" of sorts with a swivel seat and plenty of audio, tactile and visual delights in primary colors. Its essentially a mini-wonderland for 5 to 12 month olds. I picked one out that I liked at Babie's 'R Us, but I didn't like the price.
So Craig's List entered the scene. It's like E-Bay but local to your city and no bidding or shipping costs. I managed to locate the exact exersaucer I wanted--gently used, in great condition and HALF the retail price! Joy!!
Not only did I go purchase and pick it up yesterday, but I think I may have made a new friend! The gal who sold it to me ended up chatting with me for a bit. She's part of a local moms' group called "The Hip Mamas" (with a name like that, how could I not be intrigued?) and has invited me to check out some of their events with her!
I'll keep you posted on how all of that develops. In the meantime, enjoy this cute pic of Lucy showing off her mama's purchase:
Doesn't that look like the face of a little girl who thinks her house is REALLY fun? I sure think so!

4 comments:
She looks so happy!
Actually that looks like the face of a little girl who thinks she has the hippest mom around (even without a nose stud!)
gotta love craigslist! and hey I have heard of Hip mama's before....there was a gal from Channel 13 who was part of that group....that gal has moved to Indiana...but she did a piece on them once for her Gen X Mom's Segment...cool!
YEAH, no doubt. We think your house is REALLY fun and we miss it a lot (esp. with sweet Lucy in it now)! Hugs and more hugs.
Post a Comment