I thought it'd be fun to share with you the excitement that happened at our house earlier this evening! It is, in fact, the adrenaline from the day that has me wired and unable to sleep in the first place...
Darin, Lucy and I hosted an "08/08/08" party! It's going to be quite some time before this world sees another August 8, '08 so we decided that was reason enough to celebrate. Throw in the fact that today was the begining of the Beijing Summer Olympic Games, and we had even more reason to party. So we had no choice but to host "The Stevenson Summer Games". We had a blast with neighbors, friends from church, co-workers, former co-workers, family and other friends from miscellaneous settings! We grilled about 120 hotdogs/hamburgers/chicken breasts, whipped up some sides, gathered several desserts, gave out about 42 paper "gold, silver, and bronze medals", filled up two kiddie splash pools, handed out about a dozen bottles of bubbles, and competed against each other in silly back-yard games. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun in my backyard!
I hope you enjoy the following pictures of the festivities:
The food and beverages waiting to welcome the guests:
Lucy won a gold medal for excellent work in her "exersaucer":
People are starting to dig into the goodies:
The splash pools were a hit with the kiddos:
A bird's eye view of the picnic dinner:
The good ol' three-legged race:
Very few could resist the water balloon toss!
These grins make all the work I've been putting into this party for the past two weeks worth it!

1 comment:
Sure wish we could have been there to join the fun! Have you started a tradition you intend to carry on, with 09/09/09 next year, then 10/10/10, 11/11/11 and finally 12/12/12? You'd have to stop there, I guess, since there are only 12 months.
Post a Comment