Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall Fun

Lucy and I had a wonderful time spending the week with my sister, her husband and my three beautiful nieces. I did, however, learn that it will probably be some time before I attempt to make another six-hour drive by myself with a 7 1/2 month-old. On the way there, my "6-hour" drive took about 7 1/2 hours, and on my way back yesterday, our drive took 9 whopping hours! Lucy doesn't like being confined to her carseat so much anymore. Wow, am I exhausted!

Here's a blurry pic of Lucy with her super-fun cousin, Grace!



After yesterday's marathon drive, we are ever so glad to be reunited with our husband/daddy! Today, the three of us had some serious fall fun together, and it has been a soothing balm to my weary mommy-soul!

Lucy kept Darin company while he carved a pumpkin and I put out a fall-themed centerpiece on our dining room table.




Then, while Lucy took an afternoon nap, I embellished a onesie to go with her pumpkin hat that I finished at Kelly's. We also watched this week's episode of The Office online and munched on roasted seeds from the pumpkin.

Then, Darin got the wish he was wishing for all day. He put a happy and well-rested Lucy in his newly carved pumpkin. He was pretty pleased with himself. I'm not gonna lie. I think she looked pretty darn-cute in it myself.


Then Lucy modeled her new made-by-mommy fall outfit for me and had a super good time playing in some leaves with Daddy and Minnie.




I think I might even be willing to say that is is the best fall-fun I've ever had!

7 comments:

Cody Bertram said...

Lucy is just the cutest thing I have ever seen in a pumpkin!

Rachel said...

You need to teach the 2 newest members of the Stevenson house hold that eating leaves are not good. :) But I'm glad to see that you had a good day of relaxation with the family! Hope to talk to you later this week!

H&K,
Rachel

Margo said...

SOOO sweet! Everything goes into the mouth! That is the best photo of her in a pumpkin!!

Unknown said...

Your trip in the car sounds a bit like a nightmare! I do hope a shorter trip to CR will seem like a piece of cake. That little sweetheart is so adorable in a pumpkin. Well, actually, she's adorable in anything. Can't wait to see you both!!

Mama Gail said...

I think the next time you take a road trip you need to fill the van with crackly fall leaves to keep Lucy occupied! (Love the pictures - she's such a cutie and so is her super fun cousin)

Kelly said...

Boy, I needed that! Thanks for sharing the joy. :) We miss you.

Little Miss Sunshine said...

aw, lucy is SO cute. That picture of her in the pumpkin is adorable!