Saturday, November 8, 2008

New York Pictures

After I met up with Darin in New York and had a FABULOUS time with him there, he had to continue in his business travels and go to Pittsburgh. Yesterday he came home and we are all very happy to be reuinited! He was away for a total of two weeks and he missed a few Lucy milestones (first two teeth broke through and she began sitting upright unsupported!).

The two of them are spending some time catching up right now, and I just love hearing all the giggles and joyful shrieks coming from Lucy's direction! She sure loves her daddy.


Now that Darin is back home, so is the camera! I finally have my New York pictures so I thought you might enjoy seeing some of them:


Manhatten Skyline at night.
We had an awesome view of this and the Statue of Liberty from our hotel room!


I LOVED Central Park- it was very beautiful with all the fall colors!



I became the "new bird lady" in Battery Park...


The Statue of Liberty was awesome to behold.

The only shoppingwe did on 5th Ave. was at FAO Schwartz. We picked out Lucy's very first baby doll there. Here I am with Lego Harry Potter, Hagrid, Hermione and Ron! How fun is that?!



Darin with Lego Chewy and Darth Vader!

The Metropolitan Museum of Art:

Seeing Mamma Mia on Broadway was great fun:

What a fun place to visit. I must say, I hope I get the opportunity to visit again someday. There's only so much you can fit into three days. But even if this will end up being my only visit to New York, I will be content. I'm thankful I even had this opportunity, and that Darin and I were able to share the experience with each other!

3 comments:

Katie said...

The pictures are beautiful; thanks for sharing them! :)

Mama Gail said...

Awesome! Glad you got to go!

Rachel said...

Erika! First, I am so glad that Darin is home so that I might get to see the happy Stevenson family back at church. I miss Miss Lucy dearly. :) Second, You'll have to make a guide for Michael and I when we go this summer for Senior Trips. :) Hope to see you at church tomorrow!