Wednesday, December 3, 2008

November Celebrations

So sorry, it's been such a long time since I've posted! November is a special month in our household with lots of reasons to celebrate! And with all this celebrating comes lots of busyness!!

Here's a quick rundown on what made November 2008 so great for us:
Darin's Birthday

Yes, my beloved celebrated 33 years on this planet on November 15th! There wasn't a lot of excitement on that day. He wanted to spend the day "winterizing" our backyard. No one was able to talk him out of spending his birthday doing hard labor, so his dad came and helped him all day in the yard while I did my best to keep them well-fed. Later on that evening we ate Chinese takeout with his family and celebrated both Darin and his mother's birthdays (whose birthday was the day before). We enjoyed the family time as always!

Remembering Nov. 20th, 2007

What's special about this day? This was when we were contacted by Lucy's birthmother and told that after much consideration she had chosen us to be the parents of the baby she was carrying. We'll remember this moment every November 20th from now on with grateful hearts. Grateful to God for giving us the gift of our beautiful daughter after much prayer and waiting. And grateful to Lucy's birthmother for taking this leap of faith of entrusting her child to be parented by us.


Five Years of Marriage on November 22, 2008!


It's hard to believe that we've been married for 5 years! I'm so thankful for my marriage to Darin. It's still amazing to think of how God put the two of us together... plucking me up out of Texas and landing me here with Darin in Iowa. While not always easy, our marriage has been one of the greatest gift in our lives, second only to the gift of knowing Christ as our Savior!


Thanksgiving in Texas

We had the privilege of spending the week of Thanksgiving in Texas with my family. It was a rare occaision that my entire family could be together for a holiday! It was great fun seeing my parents, brother, sister, brother-in-law and beautiful neices. Not to mention visiting with other extended family there! We decided to take to plunge of not only loading ourselves and Lucy in the van for a long roadtrip, but we also brought Minnie, because 12 hour in the van wouldn't have been exciting enough without her... Here's a few fun pictures from the visit:


The whole family together!

Quality time with Uncle Paul!


Reading Goodnight Moon with Mama Gail

Minnie made friends with my parents' dogs, Penny and Zoe (I think she misses them now)

Cousin Grace sure knows how to make Lucy giggle!

Hanging out with Grandpa

5 comments:

Rachel said...

CUTE! Looks like it's been a good month for you guys!

BTW I'm glad you updated. :)

Katie said...

What a great post; it was worth the wait. :) I love the picture of Lucy in the leaves.

Love,
Katie

Mama Gail said...

What a beautiful post - of course how could I think otherwise with such great pictures of my family, even the canine members?! I've got to have a copy of that picture of Grace & Lucy. It was so wonderful to have all of you here together.

Sharon M said...

Congrats on five years of marriage! Funny, I didn't remember us getting married 6 months apart... we just had our five-year celebration in May.

Erika said...

Yeah, I got engaged on your wedding day! (If I remember correctly, you said that was the only thing that excused me from being at your wedding!! : )

And then we had a 6 month engagement... Congratulations on your 5 years of marriage, too! Praying for you and your hubby. So sorry for everything you guys have been through recently...