First off, I've attempted to share this news personally with as many people as I could before writing about it on this blog, but I apologize if this is your first time to learn that...
... I am pregnant! Yep, we will be meeting our second child and Lucy's baby brother or sister sometime in the month of July, Lord-willing.
I have so much to be thankful for! I think it's pretty cool that Darin and I are experiencing "both ways" of becoming parents. I'm just finishing up my first trimester and it has been relatively painless. Other than some definite fatigue that is easily remedied by napping while Lucy naps, I've felt relatively "normal". What a blessing.
One thing I've noticed, though, is that I am definitely entering the world of pregnancy dreams! Many of you who are close to me know that I have some pretty intense dreams normally and my current ones are no exception.
I've been pretty amused by my pregnancy-related dreams as of late. Most of them are about food-mainly pizza (no joke!) I've also started having a few that center around me forgetting that I'm pregnant long enough to make impulsive decisions that would be unwise to make during pregnancy. Then, when there's no turning back, I "remember" that I'm pregnant and then suffer the consequences. For example, last week, I dreamed I was in Europe to participate in extreme winter sports (skiing, snow boarding-you name it). Only after I purchased expensive tickets to do these activities and was riding the lift up to the slopes did I remember that I was pregnant and probably shouldn't be doing those things.
Last night's dream sure made me wake up and realize that my life is really much more manageable than I thought. You see, it my dream, I "forgot" that I was pregnant and Darin and I got another puppy and adopted another baby! Only while our new puppy was making puddles all over our house and the two babies were crying and vying for my attention did I "remember" that I was pregnant. It was quite the panic and anxiety-provoking experience.
I can't tell you how relieved I was to wake up and realize there was only one baby and one dog currently in our household. All of a sudden the thought of having a toddler and newborn in the house this coming July didn't seem quite so daunting!
How's that for some perspective? : ) I think I needed that dream.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
How exciting Erika! I'm so happy for you. We'll be praying for a safe pregnancy w/o complications. Will you guys want to find out the gender of the baby, or do you want it to be a surprise (or have you not decided on that yet)?
Happy New Year!
When I was pregnant with Madeleine I had a dream that I gave birth to an Asian toddler boy! I was so relieved when I woke up. So, I know about the weird pregnancy dreams. :)
Oh, Erika, I am so happy for you! What a blessing! We will be praying for you and that precious baby!!
Wow, Erika - that is amazing. Ben and I are thrilled for you!!
How exciting! =)
Hey, Sis. Did I ever tell you about my dream that I adopted a little curly red-haired baby girl from Goodwill while I was shopping for bargains. She was standing in a crib and available for anyone to take home. I brought her home with Abby and Emma, and then remembered that I was pregnant with Grace. Love you!
Post a Comment