
Yep, that first picture shows Lucy's birthday presents from Darin and I in with her in plain view.
I'm thinking this is the easiest time I'll ever have preparing for Lucy's birthday. She doesn't have a clue what birthdays are, let alone that she'll be having her first one this Saturday and will be getting lots of presents. This makes birthday present shopping/making/wrapping super easy! I can do all of it right in front of her and there's no need to find hiding places in the house.
The downside of it is that she doesn't really know to be excited about her presents... she'll probably be more enthusiastic about the wrapping paper.
I'm catching on that babies' first birthdays are most fun for parents. I was so delighted to find her this adorable play kitchen and coordinating toy cupcake set at Target (I'm indocrinating her early on all things cupcakes!). She won't even be big enough to enjoy them for several months but I couldn't help myself-they were on sale after Christmas! The little elephant was a sewing project from the book Last-Minute Patchwork + Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson (whose fabric shop I visited in NYC!). I've been eyeing that kitchen and looking for an excuse to sew that adorable elephant for months and Lucy's birthday was the perfect opportunity. It was so relaxing to do accomplish these missions without sneaking around/getting babysitters so I could keep them a surprise. I'm thinking each of Lucy's birthdays from here on out will take a little more planning and require covert operations, but at the same time they will have a whole new element of fun to them!
I can't believe my baby girl is almost one! What a joy she is, and I can't wait to celebrate!
Before parting with you, I have an entirely unreleated question to pose... if you would be so kind to give me your "two cents" on another food dilemma (see earlier post on Hot Dogs ):
Is the wholesome goodness of bran muffins negated when you slather them with butter the way I like to do?

I just wanted to check with you first before I allow myself to get puffed up about being healthy...

6 comments:
Not negated - you're just adding fat to your fiber. Now if instead of butter you use margarine made with healthy fats & no transfats you're just fine. And oh, how I wish we could be there to celebrate that sweet baby girl's 1st birthday!
We'll miss you on Saturday, but know you'll be there in spirit! Lucy loves her Mama Gail and Grandpa!! (And Silly Uncle Paul of course!)
I can't believe how fast time goes! Hope the birthday party goes well! The boys will be six months this weekend...yikes! Wish Lucy a happy birthday for us and give her a big hug!
Without that fabulous slathering, that's all wholesome and no goodness. Who wants that! You go, gitl and enjoy!
Love you!
Fiber is fiber, with or without the butter. Feel healthy! Happy 1st birthday sweet Lucy!
Post a Comment