Friday, May 15, 2009

Daddy and Daughter

It has become plain to me in recent weeks that Darin is Lucy's favorite. She pretty much thinks her daddy is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I love it. When I work with her on learning to say "Daddy" and "Mommy", I love how no matter what I try to get her to say, it always comes out, "DAHD". And if the word "daddy" is mentioned in conversation, she'll immediately start scanning the room for Darin (if he's present) and catch his eye and flash him a grin. Pretty sweet!
I thought I'd share a few pictures that seem to capture their relationship... enjoy!


She doesn't see why her daddy's nap should stand in the way of a good bonding opportunity:


On Mother's Day, Darin decided to try his hand at doing Lucy's hair. He concluded that he is more than glad to let me continue as Lucy's primary hair caretaker.

This is Darin's current favorite toy of Lucy's... I think he hopes to instill that it's fun to swing a hammer.

She's always interested in Daddy's latest remodling project.

4 comments:

Annalisa said...

Adorable pictures, as usual--thanks for posting.

Unknown said...

I always knew someday he would make a great Daddy. I'm glad his little girl appreciates him!!!
(and his wife, too)

Mama Gail said...

Lucy may not be all that happy when Daddy goes back to working away from home!

Kelly said...

Love it - Daddies and Daughters are so special! ;)