Darin and I took a long time to jump on the "texting" band wagon. We held out and we held out until we just had to stop paying the fees for the texts that kept arriving on our no-texting-plan phones. When we did cave in and add the plan, the responses from our friends when they first received texts from us, illustrated how behind the times we were.
They said things like this:
"Wow, you can text now?!"
"A text from Erika? I'm shocked!"
"Look who's texting?!"
"Aww, I'm honored to have gotten a text from you!"
You get the point. It's kind of amusing when my baby-boomer parents know/use texting lingo more skillfully than I do.
Last night Darin was here at home and the babies and I were a couple hours away at the home of my parents-in-law while our furnace was being replaced. Darin and I texted back and forth for about half an hour before going to bed. I felt all warm and fuzzy each time I got a text from Darin... kind of like he was my boyfriend again. It was kind of cute. (Am I allowed to say that about myself?)
Anyways, even though I've been texting for about a year now, there are still little things that I just really get a kick out of that show my texting youthfulness. Mainly, I really get a kick out of using the t9 mode on my keypad to spell out people's names and it cracks me up to see the alternate options that pop up while doing so.
So I love the fact that when I spell out Darin's name is also pops up as "Fargo" and mine shows "Frila". I kind of want to start calling Darin "Fargo" now and hope he'll start referring to me as "Frila". I think they'd be charming new terms of endearment. What do you think?
I bet I know what you think... You probably think that the fact that I haven't yet purchased a phone with a separate keypad for letters and that I still have to use t9 to text shows all the more how much of a texting novice I am. And you'd be right. I AM pretty old fashioned with my t9 texting ways. But if you know your "alternate" name using t9 mode, would you humor and tell me what it is in the comments section? I'd love to have a new nickname for you.
Thanks,
Frila
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You are too cute and funny! Yes, I love the idea of Darin as your boyfriend again...just b/c he married him doesn't mean you can't still date him!
Erika, you can always refer to yourself as cute, b/c you are! :-) Welcome to the world of test messaging.
We finally had to add texting to our plan as well since that is the only way my sisters communicate. :)
Now as for my texting name, I did not know it so I looked it up for you. It is Kathe which is not as fun Frila. :)
Post a Comment