Well, shortly thereafter my pregnancy and eventual birth of Collin took center stage, and I forgot all about wanting to learn to read music/play the piano. Soon after Collin was born, Darin completed the Crafting Studio he was building for me in the basement, and after several months, I got back into the swing of crafting as told here and started my little grassoots crafting business, Tabitha Designs.
Well, lately with the arrival of spring, I've been getting out and about with the babies much more and love walking with them around downtown. As a result, I've become acquainted with this charming little shop in Des Moine's East Village shopping center called Ephemera. Ephemera calls itself a "stationery studio" but I call it a "breeding ground for creativity." They offer lots of fun classes to bring out the inner creative soul in you (creative writing, knitting, drawing, etc., etc.). The friendly store owners convinced me to take their one-night class on "Beginning Book Binding". So used some birthday money, enrolled and attended with a friend last night! Here's what I made and I'm so tickled:


Well, now I'm dealing with all these urges to learn as much about bookbinding as I can, looking up bookbinding material suppliers, envisioning all the possibilities there could be for me and bookbinding. And um, well, I'm afraid I'm gonna need to calm myself down a little bit before Darin's fears about what might have happened with me learning to play the piano might be realized through my new bookbinding interest.
Oh dear. I'm afraid that this complusively creative soul is going to need some large doses of self-control and self-discipline... what do you think?
Oh, and one final little thing... I checked out Ephemera's site today and was pleasantly surprised to find that a picture of little old me and my bookbinding creation made it onto their blog today! Go take a looksee: http://www.ephemeradesign.com/blog/?p=536
Good night, friends!

1 comment:
Cool! :)
Post a Comment