Sunday, August 19, 2007

Minnie Mae

Well, we did it. We got a puppy. Our first pet as a married couple, and we'll just have to see what the experience does to our relationship. She's awfully cute. Here, I'll let you take a look:



Her name is Minnie Mae, but mostly we'll just call her Minnie. And she's a Shi Poo (Shi Tzu/Poodle Mix).

My problem, is that even though she IS an animal and I care far more for people than I do animals, I am very much influenced by cute faces. I tried to put her in her crate a few minutes ago and it was like someone pushed her cry button and it ate me up. Oh dear.... I'm going to have to get a back bone if I don't want the next fifteen years of my life to be ruled by a dog.

And I don't.

We'll just see how this goes!

8 comments:

Mama Gail said...

She's adorable! She looks like a baby Ewok! Zoe carried on like that until she got used to her crate, which didn't take long. We put in the towel that had her mother's scent and a few chew toys. In the beginning we always gave her a piece of kibble or two when she went in the crate. If at all possible, try waiting for a moment when Minnie's not crying to let her out, (so she doesn't associate crying with being let out) On the other hand, if she falls asleep in there, by all means leave her alone and enjoy some peace & quiet! I can't wait to meet her!

Annalisa said...

I agree with Aunt Gail's Ewok assessment. What a cutie-pie!

Kimberly said...

cute, Erika! Enjoy puppy parenthood!

Anonymous said...

Dan and I think you and Darin are going to fall in love with this little critter, and dispite your best efforts, she's bound to be a little spoiled! (If you don't do it, Auntie Dawn will make sure of it!!) But that's ok. We all enjoy being spoiled to some extent. Have fun with her. We can't wait to meet Minnie. You will be great doggie parents.
Love,
Judy

Rick said...

I can't believe it! Darin agreed to getting a "Fru-Fru" dog. (not sure if that's how you write that?)

Na, just kidding — she's cute as can be and I'm sure she'll be smart as a whip. So, I'm wondering how long it'll be before she has you both wrapped around her little tail.

I also can't wait to meet her. Have a great time... Oh, and start watching the dog whisperer so you can find out all the things you're doing wrong ;o)

Mama Ann said...

She is about the cutest puppy I have ever seen, in fact, in the pictures she looks like a toy. Good luck on the next 15 years of your life not being by a dog! :o)

Kimberly said...

On a serious note- Our philosophy re: puppy training is that its the precursor to baby training. No, your puppy will not throw temper tantrums, but it does take a conscious effort for ya'll to be consistent in training Minnie to be a good puppy. And like your future children, it is in her best interest to be obedient to you. That way she's less likely to be squished by a car or attack a dog six times her size. And it makes them much more pleasant to live with. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww she's adorable!!