Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Birthday, Minnie's First Snow and Four Years of Marriage!

You haven't heard from me in awhile. Please excuse my absence! It's been a busy few weeks! Here's just an overview of a few items of interest:

  • Darin had his birthday last Thursday and we had a great celebration together! Among other things, I brought him breakfast in bed and gave him Season 3 of NBC's The Office on DVD. Needless to say, he was really happy about all of that.

Bobblehead Dwight joined Darin for breakfast:



  • Here's another bit of late-breaking news: I'm going to a have my first "White Thanksgiving". This is rather strange for this Texas girl.

I must say that with the arrival of this snow, some concerns of mine have been relieved: ever since we got the puppy, I've been slightly apprehensive about how she would do in the snow. Mostly I wanted to be sure I wouldn't have problems getting her to do "her job" outside in the winter weather. Housebreaking is hard enough without throwing snow into the mix. And I am happy to say that Minnie has taken to the winter wonderland quite beautifully:


  • And I can't part without sharing my joy that tomorrow Darin and I celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary! And how fitting that it lands on Thanksgiving Day!

I hope you take joy in celebrating tomorrow and reflecting on the things that God has blessed you with in the past year!

8 comments:

Mama Gail said...

Happy Anniversary & Happy Thanksgiving, Darin & Erika! We rejoice in knowing that you have much to celebrate & give thanks for! We love you both!
Love,
Mom & Daddy

Annalisa said...

Pink puppy tongue! :-D So cute.

Happy Thanksgiving and happy anniversary to the both of you.

mattandshannon said...

Happy Thanksgiving & Anniversary! I started a blog today. Check it out!

Matt wants to know which Dwight joined Darin for breakfast.

Kelly said...

Happy Happy Happy Anniversary to youuuuuuuuuuu! We love you so much. We're celebrating you too!
With much love...

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! It goes by too fast, doesn't it?!?

Anonymous said...

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780470067314&itm=1

I don't think I've shared this with you but I found this book and I know how much you like Harry Potter! I am knitting an "elf" hat from it (only my 2nd knitting project) for my friend's baby. I'll post a photo when I finish it.

Anonymous said...

Oh well the link didn't show up but the book is Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter, by Alison Hansel. It's a fun book!

Erika said...

I have that book and LOVE it! I actually haven't made anything out of it yet, so you'll for sure have to post a picture of it for me! : ) I'm so pleased that you're knitting! I've heard that there is a great yarn shop in Phoenix, but I can't remember the name of it.