Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lucy's Party!

On Saturday, we had a party at our home to celebrate Lucy's Adoption Day! We had a wonderful time. What a beautiful thing to be surrounded by so many members of our family and friends as we celebrate such a momentous occasion.

As a side note, I think I've discovered a new calling in life: party planning!! It was SO much fun to plan the details of the day from the menu to the decorations to the invitations... I loved it all! While I've always enjoyed the creative side of party planning, I can't say I've always enjoyed the organizing side of party planning. But I'm happy to say that I think I'm turning over a new leaf! I think a few things have helped me to recently develop a somewhat more organized side. For starters, motherhood has sort of forced it upon me. In order to function with a baby in your life, thinking and planning ahead are often a "must". I also think that working as a secretary at my church for a year before Lucy was born helped me along in this area. I still have a long way to come in my organizing endeavors, but it feels good to realize that I am making strides!

Well, enough rambling! Let me share pictures of the party with you! Enjoy:

86 cupcakes-decorated and ready to go on display!!

The food table-set up and ready for the first guests to arrive!


Our little family:


My sister, Kelly, signing the mat of a special framed photo of Lucy! It meant so much that she and her hubby and beautiful daughters drove six hours to be there!

A special "thank you" goes to Grandma Judy for providing the majority of the hors d'oeurves! They were delicious!

3 comments:

Annalisa said...

Wow, I want to come to your parties! Looks like it was a lovely time--very fitting for lovely Lucy's celebration.

Mama Gail said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there!

Unknown said...

The party was awesome, down to the last detail. I'd say you are definitely a party organizer pro. Of course, the reason for the party made it extra special. Since we were celebrating Lucy, how could it be anything BUT spectacular?!