This Morning While Getting Ready for Church:
Erika: Honey, do you think you could teach me how to read music?
Darin: Maybe.
Erika: Is it too late in my life for me to learn how to play the piano?
Darin: *smiles* No.
Erika: But could you teach me or would that not be a good idea?
Darin: *silence*
Finishing Lunch After Church:
Erika: Honey, what do you recommend as the best way for me to start learning to play the piano?
Darin: Oh, maybe I can find some beginning workbooks.
Erika: Really?
Darin: Yes, but let's do it after Thanksgiving.
Erika: So, when you say, "let's do it", does that mean that you can teach me?
Darin: *pause* Honey, I think you're too busy to start up a new hobby right now.
Erika: But I love my hobbies! *grins*
Darin: I know you do. *smiles*
Erika: They keep me interesting... and mysterious!
Darin: Yes, Honey.
Erika: Darin, am I still a mystery?
Darin: Yes, Honey.

5 comments:
Erika. This secures it. I think someone should base a book after you. Just a thought.
That is too perfect! I miss you, Erika! :)
You two were made for each other!
Way to go Darin! All the right answers. You have a wise man there, Erika.
I have never taught Jake any of my hobbies, but then again he has never asked. One of my newlywed friends told of a horrific skiing lesson where he tried to teach the wife. He suggested that he would pay ANYONE to teach the ski lesson so that they will always be happily married. I took piano for 8 years...if we could find some babysitters and you have a piano...we could work something out! :o) But if Darin is teaching you...please don't take this as a butt-in-ski
Post a Comment