The past few days have been pleasant ones when I'm able to get my focus off of the late pregnancy discomforts! Even though the summers here don't compare to the ones I grew up with in South Texas, Iowa does get its fair share of hot muggy weather and these days seem to have suddenly arrived. I'm so grateful for our comfortable air-conditioned home right now!
There are a few other things on my mind lately that I've been grateful for. I consider them all to be blog-worthy, so allow me to share...
My Girlfriends
All last week, I knew that Darin's sister was coming by to pick up Miss Lucy on Thursday evening for a fun aunt/niece outing! Lucy loves to spend time with and be spoiled by Aunt Dawn who likes to take her to the mall and get her dinner at Chick-Filet and play on the soft-play area! Darin suggested that we use the opportunity for a date-night, and this soon-to-be mama of two didn't need much convincing to agree to the idea.
You can imagine my surprise when we arrived at the restaraunt Darin picked and the hostess escorted us to a table where four close girlfriends were waiting to surprise me with a fun girls night out to celebrate the soon arrival of Baby Boy. After I adjusted to my shock, Darin kissed me on my cheek, set the camera next to me on the table and made his exit! After a fun time of great conversation and a delicious meal, the girls and I headed to the nearest mall to go to The Gap and pick out a cute new shirt for me that is NOT maternity! How fun! I felt so blessed and supported by my friends. It's these gals (and many others who were not able to be present) that have offered so much encouragement and prayer as we hoped for a child and then witnessed the Stevensons grow from a family of two to four!
Thank you, Ladies!

Lucy's Daddy
Father's Day was pretty low-key this year and Darin was such a good sport "going with the flow" on a day that is set aside to honor him as a father. I approached the day and its activities with a "let's just see what I'm up for" kind of mentality. After a relaxed breakfast, church, a trip to Lowe's, going through the Wendy's drive-thru and a nap for all of us, we made a spontaneous trip to the closest public swimming pool and had a great time splashing in the cool water. I loved watching Lucy play with her daddy and have so much fun with him. Darin has taken to be a daddy more naturally than I think he ever expected! It is such a joy to be his wife and parent with him!
My Hair Grows Fast
I went on Saturday to get my hair trimmed. It needed it and I figured it be easeir to do it now than wait a few weeks when I have a newborn. Somehow my hair ended up much shorter than I intended it. I think I'd really love this short bob if Ihad my pre-pregnancy figure. But I'm feeling rather "pear-shaped" at the moment and the short hair is only adding to narrow on top pear-look. Oh well. My hair grows exceptionally fast and it is easier to do in the mornings (much less time spent with the hair-dryer). After lamenting my short do on facebook I had many demands for pictures, so I'll share one here. I'm making peace with it, and since the initial disgruntled-phase, I've even had a few moments where I've thought it was cute.

Well, I hope you have a great day and find many things to be grateful for!
6 comments:
Your hair is adorable, as is the rest of you.
Your hair is cute! I was expecting it to be much shorter based your facebook comment :) Sounds like you've been having fun. I loved the little clip of Lucy, BTW.
I think your haircut is very flattering and that you look adorable. I also enjoyed the video clip of Lucy. She is a little water baby. :)
I love your hair that length and yes it does grow very fast anyway. I've watched the video clip of Lucy over & over. I can't wait to see her in person. Now once you update your "other blog" you can go ahead and have that baby boy!
Super cute hair! And I remember that wonderful time where hair grew so fast. I also remember being shocked at how much hair I LOST after delivery! Our drain was constantly stopped up for weeks...pregnancy does so many weird things to your body...
Can't wait to see pics of Lucy and her new baby brother!
Post a Comment