For those of you who haven't heard the news yet, my sweet little man was born on Thursday, July 2nd at 5:19 PM. He weighed and measured 8 lbs 80z and 22 1/4 in.
During my delivery stage of labor, I developed a fever of 102 F and little Collin's heartrate shot up. As a result, immediately upon birth he was whisked away to the NICU where he'll stay at least until this coming Thursday to receive 7 days worth of IV antibiotic. He Also had a fever when born so there is a suspicion that he has an infection (the same I had apparently developed in my uterus) and it is too risky to send him home before 7 days worth of tests and medication.
I was discharged last night (Saturday, the 4th) and have moved into Collin's room with him so I can establish nursing with him. Currently my mom is staying with me and Collin here to assist me with my recovery, as not much is available in the way of bathrooms and other amenities that I'd have at home. Please pray for us- I'm getting used to the idea that this is my only way to spend time with my new son in his first few days here.
I can't speak on my cell phone or log onto this computer unless I am outside of the NICU in the lobby, so my communication may be a bit limited. You can leave messages on my phone or e-mail and I will eventually get them. Please call or e-mail or try to get in touch with Darin if you have interest in visiting here. I'm pretty tired right now and trying to sleep when Collin sleeps.
I'm sorry I'm not able to post pictures yet. We'll try to soon.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay! I'm sorry it was so rough though, but as we know, God is good! I am so excited for you, and the wonderful developments on both children that are occurring in your life right now! And yay for Darrin's (sp?) new job! Even though life can be rough, God provides, I am so floored by Gods miraculous provisions these days! We serve a mighty man! Your son is beautiful! So are you!
Post a Comment