I thought you all would appreciate a few pictures!
A rare moment with his eyes open during his week-long hospital stay.
Snuggling with Mommy.
Lucy and Mommy have a short visit in the NICU lobby. Boy did I miss her!
At home! Lucy and Collin meet for the first time.
Some good father-son time.
The one question everyone seems to have these days is how is Lucy doing and what does she think about her baby brother... to answer that question I feel she is doing exceptionally well considering everything that has gone on. Honestly, I think that the week that she and I were separated might have been harder on her than meeting Collin. Regarding him and what she thinks of him, it seems that her main frustration is that she can't have as much access to yank, swat and grab at him as she feels entitled to. : ) The adjustment for all of us will be gradual.
In other news, God has provided a job for Darin as the general manager of the Des Moines branch of a civil engineering firm. (They have several locations throughout the midwest.) Please pray with us as he has his first day tomorrow. Lots of changes happening for our family all at once, but we know we can trust God and rejoice in the roles He wants us to have in His plans.
Don't know when I'll be posting on here again, but hope you enjoyed this. I've appreciated the many phone calls, e-mails and Facebook comments we have received from so many of you since Collin's birth. Most of all we appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement. We feel deeply blessed by the family and friends God has provided in you!

4 comments:
Erika,
Those are awesome pictures!! That little guy is so sweet. We can't wait to see Lucy and Collin again.
Tell your parents to have a safe trip home. See you Tues. night.
Love,
Grandma & Grandpa Dan
Great photos, Erika. It was wonderful to have a little visit and see your sweet family altogether. So happy to know that Darin has a job. PTL
Love, Sam
Collin is a gorgeous baby! I have been praying for your family as you adjust from being a family of 3 to a family of 4. I am also so excited to hear of Darin's new job. Praise the Lord!
Love,
Katie
Oh Erika, he's so beautiful! I was so sad to heard from your folks that things were a little hairier than you had planned, but it looks like you're doing wonderfully now. I'm so happy to hear that Darin has a job. I'm sure that's a huge weight off your shoulders. I'll be praying for your family.
Post a Comment