My mom and dad got on the road to make their 16-hour drive (no stopping overnight) to come help us when they found out I had gone into labor. They arrived at our home at about 5:45 AM on Friday, July 3rd and were by our side until they left this morning at 7:00 AM. While I stayed in the NICU with Collin, Darin and my mom alternated staying overnight with me- helping with unglamorous aspects of my recovery and supported me while caring for Collin. When my dad and mom weren't at the hospital, they worked with Darin's parents caring for Lucy and helping her through her time away from Mommy. Then when Collin was released from the NICU, my parents continued to help me take care of myself, cooked, cleaned, helped Darin and I take care of Lucy and Collin among MANY other things.
It was so hard to see them leave this morning... I miss them so much already, but it is with a grateful heart that I said goodbye to them. There is nothing my parents wouldn't do for Darin and I and I am blessed to have their example as I now raise my own children.
Tonight, Darin's parents arrive with dinner in tow and their servants' spirit to continue to help for awhile with our adjustment to being a family of four. This will be especially helpful as Darin has just started his new job and I am missing him very much. The blessings just keep overflowing and I am so thankful for how God has provided for us through our parents.

4 comments:
Such sweet memories you are currently making. :) Parents truly are blessings.
Aww, we miss y'all too - so much! This was such a sweet post - thank you! It was nothing but a privilige to be there with you for the first few days of Collin's life and we thank God for making it possible. Give both of those beautiful babies a kiss for us. Make Lucy's a noisy smooch. I sure miss that litte girl's kisses, hugs & giggles.
It must be so difficult not having Darin around for those first few weeks. I remember being so grateful that Ben had 2 weeks off when Sadie was born. I'll be praying for you as you adjust to your new role as mom-of-two!!
I'm so excited for you, Erica!! Congrats on your wonderful addition.
Oh, I am moving my blog back to Blogger...looking forward to following my friends and having followers. :) Your blog is so cute.
Post a Comment